Thursday, February 17, 2011

So much is happening!

It's funny that I have so much to update on..... yet I really really want to go to bed.... soooo.... we'll do this fast :P
I've been up to Hamilton to the LDS temple and Church College New Zealand.  Super fun!  I've been to a tangi (maori funeral).  Mixed feelings there.  First time seeing a dead body and I'm not going to lie, it freaked me out.  Luckily I didn't have my contacts in so I wasn't freaked out as much as I could've been.  The good thing is that I got to learn a maori song!  It's called Nga Nuhaka E and it's about giving love and comfort to whoever you're singing it to.  It's super pretty and I loved it.  Apparently everyone was really impressed that a pakeha (white) American girl could sing a maori song ;)  Yeah I felt cool.  But the tangi has forced me to realize that if I want to be buried with my sweetie in NZ then I'd have to have a maori funeral which involves my family sleeping with my body for three days.  But I guess it shouldn't matter to me since I'll be dead anyway, right? :P  Meh, I'll probably be too busy as a spirit to worry about people looking at my dead body.

Also, the Te Matatini haka competition is this week and I'm sooo lucky to be in New Zealand right now and sooo lucky that Matatini is in Gisborne this year which is only an hour away!  Fiance's niece and nephew are performing in one of the groups from Australia and so we're going to buy tickets for Saturday to watch them and I'm going to take some awesome pictures and try out my bigger lenses.  I'm super excited!!

1 comment:

Type happy things here!