Saturday, July 23, 2011

Cherry Heaven

You can tell I've eaten some.  It's just SO GOOD!


So I'm into smoothies.  Like way into smoothies.  When I think about what I should make for dinner my thought process is this: "Hmm. Dinner.  I should make a chocolate smoothie!  Oh. Wait. I shouldn't have two (or three) in one day.  I should probably eat real food..."  And then I get sad because the mom in me doesn't let me have another smoothie. :(

No joke.

So lately I've been obsessed with chocolate smoothies.  Don't worry, they aren't the kind that are bad for you.  Now, I'm not going to go into green smoothies because that will need its own post.  And I haven't had one in a while.  Because I'm obsessed with chocolate.  And chocolate + spinach = yuck.

Anyway, the entire reason for this post was to give you the recipe I stumbled upon for
Cherry Heaven Smoothie!
and it goes a little something like this:

1 T. raw cacao powder
1/8 C. ground chia seeds (ch-ch-ch-chia!)
1 C. almond milk
1 frozen banana
1 C. frozen black cherries (pre-pitted)

Instructions: BLEND.  DEVOUR.

Note: I make my smoothies as close to ice cream as I can get... so they're thick.  Add less frozen cherries (or use fresh ones!) to make it more drink-able.
Really fast tips:  Put cacao and chia powders in blender first, add milk on top, and then give a little pre-blend. This stops those little bubbles/chunks of unmixed powder from sticking to the lid of the blender and wasting your precious healthy food. Chia seeds aren't required for taste (they don't taste at all actually), I just stick them in to make it a meal (so nutritious!).  Check out Costco for the frozen cherries and almond milk!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Type happy things here!