Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I just LOVE before & afters!

So recently I decided to try dying my eyelashes!  After some research, I decided to go with Godefroy 28 Day Mascara (permanent eyelash tint) in black.  It was the only one that didn't threaten blindness and it's non-toxic and "contains no coal tar derivatives or hydrogen peroxide agents" according to the box.  Sounded super great to me!

Here are my before pics:

Don't mind my crazy eyebrow!



You can see my natural lashes are mostly brown with light tips and then about every other one is blonde.  

And..... here are the after pics!  



And guys... these haven't been edited/increased contrast, etc.  Well, I guess that's obvious since I didn't photoshop some concealer on :P

So all my lashes are now black, you can see the entire length, and the bottom lashes are now visible!  I was very impressed with the tint kit.  You can kind of see in that first "after" picture that I messed up on the application a little and ended up staining some of my eyelid lol.  Which, to be honest, I didn't mind all that much because it just looked like I had eyeliner on :P  I easily blended it into my makeup.  It washed off after a day or two anyway.  

LOOK HOW GORGEOUS!  Plus, with a little makeup, I've hidden my eyelid staining :D
If you're thinking about doing this keep in mind that if your lashes are already black, tint aint gonna do nothing.  This doesn't thicken or lengthen your lashes, it just dyes them.  This stuff is non-toxic, but it'll still sting like a mother if you get it into your eyes.  Applying dye with a mascara wand is a bunch of crap.  That's the reason why I got some on my lids.  Plus it holds all your precious dye in the wand and you end up wasting a lot.  Also, make sure to vaseline up your skin before you start dying - it helps to avoid skin staining (another reason why I got my eyelid :P )  Alsooooo, it last about 28 days because that's how long it takes for all your lashes to fall out and new ones to grow in.

My review for this product: LOVE IT.  Super clear and easy directions.  Works instantly.  And you can get 25 applications out of it! (If your mascara wand doesn't eat up all your dye like mine.)  I give it 5/5 stars.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE IT! This is so awesome. I'd never even heard of this stuff! [probs because my lashes are already black....haha] This looks awesome! You did good :)

    ReplyDelete

Type happy things here!