Saturday, July 30, 2011

Homemade Calzone


So I saw this post on Pinterest and just knew I had to make it ASAP.
So I did.
And this is how it turned out!
I brushed garlic butter over the top after I took it out of the oven.

I used spinach and green peppers for filling but I wish I had pepperonis too.  I also had to skimp on the sauce because we didn't have much left.  I would definitely suggest you go heavy with the sauce considering you're getting double the bread here.  But oh-my-goodness this was so easy!  And it looks so fancy!
Here are the full instructions for your baking pleasure.
(My changes: I used my own pizza dough recipe and added basil & oregano.  
I also just pressed my dough into the sheet pan instead of rolling it out.)

Easy Pizza Dough
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tablespoon yeast
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup warm water

Mix flour, yeast, sugar, and salt in a bowl.  Dump in warm water and mix/knead together.
I use a hand mixer with dough hooks on it because I hate dough sticking in between my fingers :P
Press into greased pan.  TIP:  Spray some Pam on your hands before dealing with the dough. 
Pizza: Bake at 450 F for 15-20 min.
Calzone: Bake at 350 for 25-30 min.

Guys.  Seriously.  Make this tonight. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow Amanda, that is beautiful! You are such an awesome cook :)

    ReplyDelete

Type happy things here!